Last night, I made the most amazing salad ever. I ripped it out of a magazine months ago and stumbled upon it going through some recipes for dinner last night.
So here it goes:
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled, de-veined large shrimp
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- the juice of 1 lemon plus 1 lemon cut into wedges (remove all seeds)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups baby spinach (I didn’t have this much so I didn’t use as much)
- 3/4 cup toasted breadcrumbs (I used about 1/4 cup and toasted with olive oil and it was just as amazing)
- 2 tbsp. minced parsley
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the shrimp with oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper to taste (I actually added the lemon wedges at this stage but you aren’t supposed to do this until the end).
- Roast the mixture in small baking dish until shrimp are opaque and cooked through about 5 to 8 minutes (I did 10 minutes).
- Place the spinach in a large bowl while shrimp are cooking. Add the hot shrimp after cooked (along with all the juices from the pan) and toss together. The heat from the juices and shrimp will mildly wilt the spinach leaves, which is good.
- Divide the mixture among plates, sprinkle with toasted breadcrumbs and parsley. (Remember I had toasted the breadcrumbs with oil and I actually mixed the parsley and breadcrumbs together with all of the shrimp and spinach mixture–so this is a little different from the directions.
- Serve with lemon wedges if they weren’t included in original shrimp mixture.
Nutrition per Serving:
34 grams protein
7 grams fat (1 g. saturated fat)
15 grams carbs
2 grams fiber
1 gram sugar
3 mg iron
155 mg calcium
486 mg sodium (probably not that much when I made it because I did about 1/8 tsp salt)